Put into practice what you have learned

Put into practice what you have learned

As a student at the UOC, you have access to the Internships and Mobility Service, a formative experience that enables you to apply and complement the knowledge acquired during your academic training and, at the same time, build the skills that will prepare you for performing professional activities.

What types of internships are there?

There are two internship typologies, depending on whether they are included or not in the training programme:

  • Curricular internships: these correspond to a compulsory or optional course in first- or second-cycle courses, bachelor's degrees or university master's degrees. You can see whether your course requires an internship at More UOC / University / Programmes of study.
  • Non-curricular internships: these are voluntary and are not tied to any particular course. Consequently, they are not necessary for passing the course. Even so, they also pursue a formative goal and must enable application of the knowledge acquired during academic training.

The internships can be carried out in companies and institutions, in Spain or abroad, and they may be on-site, blended or virtual.

How do I apply for them?

The application process for curricular internships varies slightly depending on the course: you can consult the process for each case at Procedures / Internships in companies / Curricular internships. Once the internship has been assigned, you will be able to enrol for the corresponding course at Procedures / Enrolment, during the ordinary enrolment period. The duration of the internship will be determined by the course's credits.

You can look for non-curricular internships yourself and propose a centre, entity, company or institution to the UOC. You can also consult the offers from the Job Bank at the internship tool within the “Non-curricular internships - 2017/18” call, you will find it at Procedures / Internships in companies / Non-curricular internships. But first, you must meet the requirements set forth in Procedures / Non-curricular internships and register for the “Non-curricular internships - 2017/18” call.

In both cases, the Internship and Mobility Services will handle signature of the cooperation agreement required to perform the internship.

How can I perform study periods abroad?

In addition to applying the knowledge learned during the educational process and acquiring technical and social skills, the mobility programmes abroad give you the possibility of furthering your education in another language.

We can differentiate between two types of period abroad:

  • Mobility for education: in the Campus, you will find the list of areas and universities where it is possible to take periods abroad for education, either as part of the Erasmus+ programme or under specific agreements with the institution.
  • Mobility for internships: international stays for curricular and non-curricular internships. You can propose the centre, entity, company or institution yourself.

You can consult all the information about internships and periods abroad at Procedures / International Interships

UOC students around the world

UOC students around the world


The UOC on the social networks