This is the entitlement of an individual to obtain information regarding whether his or her personal details are being processed, to what purpose, the source of such details and any transfers or communications made or envisaged.
When applying, the subject can choose one of the following means of consultation, provided that the type of file so allows:
- Viewing on screen;
- in writing, copy or photocopy sent by post, registered or not;
- Email or other electronic communication system;
- Any other system compatible with the type or material implementation of the file or the nature of the processing, offered by the data controller.
In any case, the Area that processes the request will decide on the means of consultation when the subject's request disturbs the normal rendering of service by the University.
Documentation that must be provided:
- Proof of identity of the data subject (ID card, passport or equivalent). A photocopy should be enclosed.
- If the request is made through a representative, proof of such legal or voluntary representation should also be provided.
- As the right of access may only be exercised once a year, should it be exercised a second time, proof of legitimate interest should be provided.
The UOC will issue a decision on the request for access within a maximum of one (1) month as of the date of reception of the request. After this time, if no response to the access request has been received, the subject may file a claim with the Catalan Data Protection Agency.
Should the UOC not have the subject's personal data, it will inform the subject of this within one (1) month.
The UOC may deny access to personal data in the following cases:
- When the right has been exercised in the twelve (12) months prior to the request, unless proof of a legitimate interest is provided to this end;
- When this is contemplated by a Law or Community law regulation that is directly applicable, or when such regulation prevents the UOC from revealing to subjects the processing of the data to which the access refers.
In any case, the UOC will inform the subject of its right to exercise tutelage before the Catalan Data Protection Agency.