The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3 Global Cluster of Universities, led by the eHealth Center, is organizing the first in-person meeting of all the cluster's members, which will take place at the Interdisciplinary R&I Hub of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) on 7, 8 and 9 March.
After several months of online meetings and activities, the cluster's members will meet face-to-face for the first time in a closed working meeting that will last three days.
The aim of this meeting is to share knowledge and learning about how they are integrating SDG 3 and other related SDGs into their institution, teaching and research in order to promote equality, health and well-being.
- Marta Aymerich. Vice President for Strategic Planning and Research and president of the eHealth Center's Executive Board, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- Paul Breen. Professor Biomedical & Human Technologies, The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development, Western Sydney University.
- Carme Carrion. Member of the Faculty of Health Sciences and scientific coordinator of the eHealth Center, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- Nadia D'Alton. Director of Strategic Programmes, University College Dublin.
- Marc Graells. Project assistant at the eHealth Center, and coordinator of the secretariat of the SDG 3 Cluster, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- Claudia Jaramillo. Professor Public Health Department, Universidad de Caldas.
- Rawlance Ndejjo. Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Disease Control and Environmental Health, Makerere University.
- Hayu Qaimamunazzala. Lecturer in the Department of Health Behavior, Environment and Social Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- Liv Raphael. Director of the SDG 3 Cluster, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- Isabel Toman. Programme Officer for Sustainable Development, International Association of Universities.
- Consuelo Vélez. Member of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Universidad de Caldas.
- Hilligje van't Land. Secretary General, International Association of Universities.
The programme of the meeting is available for consultation here.
What is the SDG 3 Global Cluster of Universities?
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) is the lead university of the SDG3 Cluster for Health and Wellbeing, part of the Global Cluster on Higher Education and Sustainable Development hosted by the International Association of Universities (IAU), which promotes the role of higher education to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations' 2030 Agenda.
The SDG3 cluster comprises seven higher education institutions from across five continents. Together, the members work to foment an integrated approach to health, in support of equity and well-being worldwide. Its member universities are Karolinska Institutet (Sweden), Universidad de Caldas (Colombia), Makerere University (Uganda), Universitas Gadjah Mada (Indonesia), Western Sydney University (Australia), University College Dublin (Ireland) and the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
07/03/2023 - 09/03/2023
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya