This MOOC is a six-week course based on the principles of tandem language learning (two students learning each others’ native language to help each other to improve their language skills). Intermediate, advanced or proficient learners of Spanish or English as a Foreign Language will be able to improve their oral skills in Spanish or in English with native speakers and will be able to develop learning and communicative strategies.
- To interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that allows for regular interaction with native speakers.
- To take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, accounting for and sustaining one’s views.
- To practise basic communication strategies
- To self-regulate one’s learning regarding speaking skills in a foreign language and evaluate others’ speaking skills in your own language
- Intended for native speakers of Spanish / English
- Provides lessons on communication strategies
- You will be expected to work in tandem with other students in a foreign language
- Your work will be assessed by peers who are native speakers of the language you are learning
- Feedback from tutors will be available for students in the top ranking of participation
- Provides opportunities to interact with other students
- Contains external social networking participation
- You should dedicate 3-4 hours weekly